PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS Is Raised Even Though PDB Is Opened At Matching patch Level
(Doc ID 2500620.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS error is raised when PDB is plugged in and opened at a database with matching patch level.
This PDB has a history of later PSU being applied and then rolled back.
Following is the sequence of events:
1. RU 126.96.36.199.180116 is applied to multitenant database A and B.
2. RU 188.8.131.52.180417 is applied to multitenant database A only.
3. RU 184.108.40.206.180417 is rolled back from A.
4. Unplug <PDB_NAME> from A and plug it into B.
5. Open <PDB_NAME> at multitenant database B. -> plugin violation error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document