High Waits On Library Cache Lock or Cursor: Pin S wait on X Due To DS_SVC Queries From 12.2 Onwards
(Doc ID 2548359.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Huge concurrency waits on library cache lock or cursor: pin S wait on X in 12.2 and above.
- The final blocking session runs DS_SVC (dynamic sampling directives) SQL statements.
- Gather statistics job or any SELECT statements hang on library cache lock or cursor: pin S wait on X waits.
- optimizer_adaptive_statistics is FALSE (default) and _optimizer_dsdir_usage_control is 0 (default).
- Fix for Bug 20636003 is included and enabled.
Upgrade to 12.2.
Example: Excerpt from Hanganalyze trace.
The Session: 197 has been waiting for 3949 seconds on SQL*Net message from dblink and running the above SQL.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document