How To Prevent The Unified Audit Trail From Being Created in SYSAUX, And Change Its Default Partitioning Behavior
(Doc ID 2548804.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12.1 to 19]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) When using Pure Unified Auditing, is it possible to either:
- change the settings of the initial partition for the Unified Audit Trail, so this initial partition will no longer store one month's worth of audit records, or
- at the time of database creation, specify a different setting of the initial partition for the Unified Audit Trail, or
- at the time of database creation, specify a different tablespace for the Unified Audit Trail, so that it never exists in SYSAUX?
(This would help with SYSAUX space management, as it is currently not possible to shrink the SYSAUX tablespace.)
2) Can the above be accomplished by modifying (customizing) $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsamgt.sql?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document