Optimizer Underestimate Cost For View With FIRST_ROWS_N Mode
(Doc ID 2567356.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cost based optimizer underestimates the cost with following conditions:-
- a stored or inline view is involved
- a subquery with the view involves a function in the select clause
- the result is joined to another table
- when NESTED LOOPS join is chosen
- the whole query is running with FIRST_ROWS_10
Upgrade to 12.1 or higher
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document