Active Dataguard Standby Database Hang Due To ROW CACHE ENQUEUE LOCK
(Doc ID 2586299.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2 to 18]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- ADG Standby database encounters hang situation.
- Any SQL statements executed from Active Dataguard (Standby Database) does not return. It hangs.
- SQL statements run fine without hang in Primary database.
- Too many WAITED TOO LONG FOR A ROW CACHE ENQUEUE LOCK! messages reported in alert log of standby database.
- Systemstate dump shows Self-Deadlock detected for the row cache objects under DC_OBJECTS.
Upgrade to 12.1 and above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.