Temporary Tablespace Allocation Fails with ORA-1652 in RAC Standby DB Even When There is Still Free Temp Space
(Doc ID 2586477.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some queries that uses temporary space from the temporary tablespace in a RAC database that is opened in a read-only mode may fail with ORA-1652 error. Such environment is similar to the case of a standby active data guard (ADG) database.
This error does not occur on the primary database.
ORA-1652 for queries using temporary space from the temporary tablespace in a RAC database and all of the following conditions are met:
- The rdbms version is equal to or greater than 12.2.
- This is a RAC database.
- The RAC instances are open in read-only mode; example: standby active data guard database (ADG).
- There are more than one RAC instances open in read-only mode in this database.
- ORA-1652 does not happen if the rest of the instances are closed (or mounted).
- If parameter _trace_temp is set to TRUE, the trace file **does not have** this retry message:
[ktstgrowseg] retry_1652:1 rss_exts:100
- ORA-1652 does not happen in a database open in Read-Write mode; example: in a standby database configuration, the same query runs with no errors on the primary database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document