Supported Method to Disable HAIP on the Oracle Database Appliance (ODA, ODAVP)
(Doc ID 2593843.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 184.108.40.206 to 18.1 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ODA Virtualized Platform
Before release 18.7 ODAVP
- Intermittent outage of Virtual Images or Repositories
- HAVIP will appear to have stopped on both ODA nodes and all VMs appear frozen.
- The HAIP problem may go un-detected once stopped.
- The problem can occur after a restart of the ODA Virtualized Platform (ODAVP) such as maintenance.
- The problem can also happen after an unscheduled outage.
HAIP may not automatically restart after an outage.
HAIP is expected to automatically restart but this may fail.
Inspect the following trace files
the trace for what seems to be a wrong configuration:
ora.net4.network is trying the subnet 192.xxx.18.0 but the resource is defined 192.xxx.19.0: ( Note that these IP addresses are assigned by the ODA and not user specific)
Generic to many ODA Virtualized Platform (ODAVP) releases before 18.7
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document