Unable to Add a Disk Back to the Diskgroup on an ODA Even Though the Disk Appears to be Good
(Doc ID 2595128.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- One node is showing a disk as missing and the other node of the HA shows the disk as path partially loaded.
- Checking the diskdiag shows that the disk is good.
- Trying to add the disk to the ODA using the ALTER DISKGROUP add DISK command fails.
- Running the oakcli stordiag e0_pd_## is failing to connect to the opposite node although we can run the command on each node one at a time.
- The disk does appear to be recognized on one node for many key queries.
- The disk can be seen physically and by the OS.
- The last major change for the system was a patching which happened months ago.
None identified: The problem with the disk was only detected while preparing for a new patching event.
In the past one a few disks had been replaced on the ODA configuration, but it was months ago.
Also, the last patching had taken place several months earlier.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document