DDL Statement Causes Library Cache Lock
(Doc ID 2622615.1)
Last updated on JULY 15, 2022
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- After Upgrade to 19c, performance executing a DDL ( alter table add columns...)
- The DDL takes very long for small tables, for big tables the DDL is hanging
- With the same table and number of rows we see a considerable difference in 12c and 19c databases:
- In 12c database, it takes Elapsed: 00:00:00.124
- In 19c database, it takes Elapsed: 00:15:00.604
- During the DDL, "library cache lock" waitevents for "insert into sys.wri$_optstat_synopsis_head$" which is associated with the table to be modified
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.