High Waits On cursor: mutex X After Upgrading The Database to 12c, 18c & 19c
(Doc ID 2625815.1)
Last updated on APRIL 29, 2021
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12.1 to 18]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- High waits on cursor: mutex X after upgrading the database to 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 18c or 19c.
- CPU utilization spikes to 100% due to the mutex waits leading to database hang or application outage.
- Huge version count is seen for the SQL statements during the problem period.
- Login or connection storm is observed during the problem.
- Huge sleeps on functions kkscsAddChildNode & kkscsPruneChild as per 'Mutex Sleep Summary' from AWR report.
Upgrading the database to 12c and higher.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.