Scheduled Jobs Suddenly Stop Working
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- DBMS jobs which have run successfully at their specified intervals in the past suddenly stop running.
- Restarting the database does not solve the problem.
- The job can be run manually using dbms_job.run, but it will not run automatically at specified time interval.
- The job has no failure and is not in a 'Broken' state.
- There is no error reported in alert.log.
- Setting the _job_queue_interval parameter does not make any difference.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms