REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE=SIGNATURE at System Level on 12c Cannot Avoid ORA-4062
(Doc ID 2657149.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2020
Applies to:PL/SQL - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE=TIMESTAMP is set by default, it is known that ORA-4062 may occur by the following operations:
- Set REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE=TIMESTAMP at system level or at session level on Source DB of DBLINK
- Create Procedure A on Destination DB of DBLINK
- Create Procedure B on Source DB which refers to Procedure A on Destination DB
- Run Procedure B on Source DB -- works with no error as expected
- Invalidate Procedure A and then validate it on Destination DB
- Re-run Procedure B on Source DB -- ORA-4062 occurs as expected
It is also known that we can use REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE=SIGNATURE in order to avoid this ORA-4062.
However even if REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE=SIGNATURE is set at system level on Source DB in advance, unexpectedly ORA-4062 still occurs by the above operations.
Upgraded DB to 12c or later release.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document