index import fails due bad position data in raw file
(Doc ID 2660705.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2020
Oracle Secure Backup - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OSB 188.8.131.52.0 fails to import the filesystem metadata into the index catalog
- Tracked by Bug: 30984681
- Problem is seen for increment backups for file systems only
- Problem does not happen with NDMP and RMAN backups
- Import failure will cause the backup not to be browsed
- No data is lost and a raw restore can be done for tape device
- Email notification of the import index error is sent to Admin user if email notification is configured in OSB
- "Error: writing ascii index import file" error seen in the index log
- Import failure results in a NOUPDATE file written to the backup client’s history folder (<OSB_home>/admin/history/host/<hostname>)
- NOUPDATE file will prevent any further imports for new backups resulting in $RAW & $CDF files accumulating in client's history folder
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.