Insert As Select (IAS) Performs Worse in 18.1 than in 188.8.131.52 with UNION ALL PUSHED PREDICATE Operations
(Doc ID 2666004.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- INSERT ... AS SELECT is not completing unless OFE is set to 220.127.116.11.
- In this case, setting "_optimizer_cartesian_enabled" = FALSE yields the best time found so far with OFE=18.1.0.
- The major differences between the fast and slow plans are
- - fast : 6 Merge Join Cartesian operations (MJC)
- - slow : 4 MJCs and 2 Union All Pushed Predicate operations
Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 18.1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.