Incorrect Computed Degree of Parallelism Using Auto DOP
(Doc ID 2683523.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2 to 19]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- SELECT statements executed with PARALLEL hint without forcing DOP like /*+ PARALLEL */ runs with only 1 or 2 degree of parallelism.
- When SELECT is executed with forcing DOP like /*+ PARALLEL(16) */ , it runs with 16 degree of parallelism.
- There are enough CPU cores available and there is no heavy load in the system.
- Parallel settings are appropriate.
- The same SELECT statements run fine in other environment.
Computed DOP is 1 when PARALLEL hint used w/o forcing degree:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.