Announcing Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall 20
(Doc ID 2698985.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are thrilled to announce that the fully revamped and totally refreshed Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall 20 is now available. Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall 20 brings not just improved ease-of-use and wider target coverage, but also enhancements to meet enterprise requirements for automation, extensibility, scale, and security. We have provided links to several resources below to help you get started. Note: You will need to upgrade to AVDF 20 before end of March 2021, as AVDF 12.2 support ends at that time (see lifetime support policy guide).
We encourage you to download AVDF 20, review the documentation, technical briefs and start preparing for the Upgrade. Also, during the months of August and September we will be offering additional support to early adopters of this new release. Please reach out to your support team if you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest, with the subject "AVDF 20 early adopter program".
Key Features in AVDF 20
Expanded Audit Collection
· Built-in support for PostgreSQL
· Quick JSON Target to collect audit data from JSON files, including MongoDB.
· Custom collector framework expanded to include REST-based audit sources.
· Audit collection from Oracle Container Database.
· Before and after value changes for Oracle Databases using Oracle GoldenGate Integrated Extract (restricted use license included).
· Additional target types and version support added. See the supported list.
Simplified Database Firewall
· SQL cluster set support for simplified firewall policy creation.
· Oracle RAC target registration simplified using SCAN listener.
· Network Interface Card bonding for increased throughput and resiliency.
· SQL traffic monitoring on the host machine running Windows, using Host Monitor.
· System Configuration Utilities to automate configuration tasks.
Enhanced User Interface
· Redesigned user interface with simplified navigation for common workflows.
· Rich dashboards for Auditors and Administrators.
· Single-click provisioning of out-of-the-box audit policies for Oracle databases.
· Unified console for Audit Vault and Database Firewall configuration and management.
Improved Enterprise Support
· Authentication and Authorization with Active Directory and OpenLDAP for AVDF users.
· Automated archival of audit and event data.
· Multipath fiber channel support for Audit Vault Server for high availability.
· Configuration of TCP/TCPS ports used by the Audit Vault Server.
· Support for USB based installation for simplicity.
AVDF 20 Resources
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Key Features in AVDF 20|
|Expanded Audit Collection|
|Simplified Database Firewall|
|Enhanced User Interface|
|Improved Enterprise Support|
|AVDF 20 Resources|