The relation between MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) and SDU (Session Data Unit)
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Net Services - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 8.1.7 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Applications using OracleNet, applications requiring performance tuning with respect to OracleNet.
***Checked for relevance on 27-nov-2012***
Aim of this Article
- To explain what is the relation between MTU, SDU
- Explain how applications are affected by the above parameters.
- To build upon and concisely explain some important points of the following Notes:
- <Document 67983.1> Oracle Net Performance Tuning
- <Document 44694.1> SQL*Net Packet Sizes (SDU & TDU Parameters)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms