OKV 220.127.116.11: Change NTP Server For OKV
(Doc ID 2746338.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Key Vault - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are two OKV servers in HA (Primary, Standby) setup with OKV version is 22.214.171.124. The OKV Servers using the NTP servers are no longer available. OKV is unable to communicate with NTP servers.
2 new NTP servers are built to be used, thus need OKV to be modified to use the two new NTP servers.
The 2 OKV servers' time is NOT in sync together and with the correct time between the OKV and the Database servers. For example:
[support@okvprimary ~]$ date
Wed Dec 23 04:29:16 UTC 2020
[support@okvstndby ~]$ date
Wed Dec 23 04:38:28 UTC 2020
Correct time (on a database server):
Tue Dec 22 22:20:53 CST 2020
1. Does changing the NTP servers on OKV require downtime?
2. Will OKV continue to communicate with database endpoints while we change their NTP servers?
3. There is a significant time difference between OKV and database servers. How do we sync them all? Will this cause any outages?
4. Please provide me steps to update the NTP servers.
5. Please provide me steps to sync OKV servers to the correct time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document