Automatic Deletion of SQL Plan Baselines Does Not Delete Plans That Exceed 'PLAN_RETENTION_WEEKS'
(Doc ID 2794301.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Automatic Deletion of SQL Plan Baselines Does Not Delete Plans That Exceed 'PLAN_RETENTION_WEEKS' Causing SYSAUX Tablespace to grow
- SQL Plan Baselines are maintained in the SYSAUX Tablespace based on two parameters:
- Parameter 'PLAN_RETENTION_WEEKS'. This parameter can have any value between 5 to 523 weeks; with a default value of 53 (1 year plus 1 week).
- Attribute 'autopurge', set on individual Baselines.
- Based on these parameters, a Baseline will be purged from the SYSAUX Tablespace if Attribute 'autopurge' = YES, and it has not been executed in 'PLAN_RETENTION_WEEKS'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document