Does the Flashback database support rollback of NON CDB to CDB conversion ? Common Error Reported ORA-01122 ORA-01204
(Doc ID 2898693.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document talks about whether we can use Flashback database to rollback a NON CDB to CDB conversion.
- In Non CDB database a GRP is created.
- The NON CDB database is Converted to CDB using PDB conversion script (NON CDB to CDB conversion). Later create Pluggable database is done using NO COPY Option.
- Once the NON CDB is converted to CDB an attempt is made to undo this conversion by using the Flashback database from the old NON CDB database.
- Close the PDB on the new 19c CDB database.
- Mount the NON CDB database and run Flashback database to GRP created before converting NON CDB to CDB on the non CDB database.
- Flashback is expected to fail with below error.
Flashback database from CDB to NON CDB fails :
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document