ORA-00959: Tablespace "_$deleted$13$0" AFTER MIGRATING, RENAMING AND DROPPING TABLESPACE
(Doc ID 2908074.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
after reorganized all segments stored in tablespace TBSP1 in a new TBSP2 tablespace by MOVE/REBUILD commands.
Migration process step are shown below:
- ALTER TABLE ... MOVE [PARTITION | SUBPARTITION] TABLESPACE TBSP2
- ALTER INDEX ... REBUILD [PARTITION] TABLESPACE TBSP2
- ALTER TABLE | INDEX ... MODIFY DEFAULT ATTRIBUTES TABLESPACE TBSP2, for tables / indexes (sub)partitions
- DROP TABLESPACE TBSP1 INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES, when its was totally empty.
- ALTER TABLESPACE TBSP2 RENAME TO TBSP1
All segment objects have been migrated to new tablespace TBSP2 successfully.
after sometime some partition objects are facing ORA-00959 errors and we have noticed some inconsistent info by extracting DDL:
CREATE TABLE <tabl name>
) SEGMENT CREATION IMMEDIATE
PARTITION BY RANGE (col1) INTERVAL (NUMTODSINTERVAL(1,'DAY')) STORE IN ("_$deleted$13$0") .
TABLESPACE "TBSP1" ) ;
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document