Write Errors, or Files in Use,NoServicesForProcessException or CheckActiveFilesAndExecutables, during opatch apply or Patchset Installation.
Last updated on MAY 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 12.2 BETA1 [Release 8.1.7 to 12.2]
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
During the installation patchset using Opatch or Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) or applying patch using opatch apply.
messages may appear indicating that certain files could not be copied or written.
OUI messages like:
- There is no service associated to processes that are using them
- Query Exception: NoServicesForProcessException
Query Exception Class: class oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilQueryException
- INFO: Certain files which need to be reinstalled by Oracle Universal Installer are being used by one or more applications.
- Failing check : CheckActiveFilesAndExecutables
In German, French or Spanish:
- Mit den Prozessen, die sie benutzt haben, waren keine Dienste verkn�pft
- Aucun Service associ� aux processus qui les utilisent
- No hay servicios asociados a los procesos que los estaban utilizando
- Error in writing to file D:\oracle\ora92\bin\oci.dll
OPatch encounters the following issues during file patching:
- Verifying environment and performing prerequisite checks...
Prerequisite check "CheckActiveFilesAndExecutables" failed.
The details are:
Following files are active :
UtilSession failed: Prerequisite check "CheckActiveFilesAndExecutables" failed.
- The following files had problems with being patched
??????????? [ Couldn't copy ...
When using Windows cscript, (for some 126.96.36.199 patches etc):
- Microsoft JScript runtime error: Permission denied
This frequently involves files like:
Installation of a patchset or applying patch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms