*Mapviwer Gets ORA-12505, TNS:listener Does Not Currently Know Of SID Given In Connect
(Doc ID 2949953.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Spatial and Graph - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Mapviwer 184.108.40.206.0 - ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect description
- Mapviewer 220.127.116.11.0
- Database 18.104.22.168.0 using containers
- TNSNAMES.ora changed to use SERVICE_NAME=ptrdb
- mapViewerConfig.xml amended to use SERVICE_NAME in accordance with: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=298519275742615&id=2551816.1&_adf.ctrl-state=15amn0ndzc_52
- Local listener is LISTERNER_PTR which is running- Local listener is LISTERNER_PTR which is running
- Within Mapviewer console the JDBC url is: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//<ip address>:<port>/ptrdb
- From within Mapviewer console - datasources connect, and all tile layers are displayed in 'Manage Tile Layers'
- Highlight a specific tile layer from the 'POINTERLIVE' datasource and click 'View Map/Manage Tiles'
- Enter x: 332299 ; y: 375965 and press 'Show Map'
- Nothing is displayed
- View Logs shows:
WARNING: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document