Oracle Universal Installer Reports Nodes Unreachable or Not Clusterable during CRS Install
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.1.0.2 to 220.127.116.11 - Release: 10.1 to 11.1
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.1.0.2 to 18.104.22.168 [Release: 10.1 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to install Oracle Clusterware, database software or a patchset, following problem can happen:
- a message that the specified nodes are not clusterable can be displayed:Error:*** Alert: The specified nodes are not clusterable. This could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
1. The user performing the install is not configured in an equivalent manner on all nodes.
2. ssh and scp are not configured properly on all nodes.
3. rsh and rcp are not configured properly on all nodes.
- nodes except the installing node are displayed as unreachable
- On the window where './runInstaller' is run, there might be a message like:PRKC-1044 : Failed to check remote command execution setup for node node1.us.com: Connection refused
- In the InstallActions-logfile you will see the same information followed by:nodeName = racnode1
Query Returned: CONNREFUSED
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms