How to Change User Passwords with MSYNC on Win32 clients
(Doc ID 353096.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Lite - Version 10.2.0.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal is to provide customers/users with a documented step to allow password changes to run smoothly.
Sometimes using the old password or even the wrong password will crash MSYNC and cause you to have to re-install the client. The below method will prevent the uninstall and reinstall after the Crash.
EXAMPLE of what will happen if process below is not followed:
1. Use existing Sample for JUNIUS > Transport_Win32 (comes with the installed demos).
(Users should be able to use an existing application, but create a new user manually in Mobile Manager>Users)
2. Setup one client seperate machine using the USER JUNIUS password JUNIUS
3. Run msync, successful sync.
4. Go to Mobile Manager, click on Users
5. Put a new password JOE for JUNIUS and Confirm Password JOE click on APPLY.
6. Go to client machine again > values should not have changed and Junius/Junius will be defaulted in MSYNC window.
7. Run msync.exe
8. Error is reproduced at this point. (Expected behavior)
ERROR",CNS-9026,"11/08/2005 14:59:01","Wrong username or password. Please enter correct value and sync again. "
Crashes will possibly occur next attempt of wrong password.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document