RMAN: How to perform alternate client restore with Veritas Netbackup
(Doc ID 403602.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 9.2 to 12.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 16-NOV-2015***
The goal of this note is to describe how to achieve restores with VERITAS NETBACKUP
and Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) on a different host, than the backup host.
This functionality called "Alternate Client Restore" is needed in several circumstances:
- Restoring in a Real Application Cluster (RAC) Environment
- Restoring in a physical Standby Environment
- Creation of a test database with DUPLICATE DATABASE command
- Creation of a standby database using DUPLICATE DATABASE ... FOR STANDBY
- Restoring Database for Point-in-Time-Recovery (PITR)
- Restoring parts of database for Tablespace-Point-in-Time-Recovery (TSPITR)
- Restoring full database after disaster, when original host no longer exists
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document