Extproc Listener Spinning / Hanging
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2007
Applies to:Oracle Net Services - Version: 10.2.0.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
On 10.2.x (On UNIX platforms):
- Trying to start extproc listener as non-'oracle' user
- lsnrctl hangs and the tnslsnr process spins (consumes excessive cpu).
- Works fine when started as the 'oracle' user.
- No errors as such just spinning/hanging and inabillity to connect to extproc listener.
- Listener log file indicates that listener has started.
- On node that works the listener log also contains the message:
'Listener completed notification to CRS on start'.
- This doesn't appear on node with problem.
- Trace file also indicates that the listener is trying to contact CRS. As not using RAC.
- Trying workaround of the bug 4518443 by setting:
'SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_<listener_name>=OFF', but problem still occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms