Portal Circular Reference - "Error: Timeout occurred while retrieving page meta data" - ORA-00600 [kohdtf048]
Last updated on NOVEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Portal - Version 10.1.2.0.0 and later
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.0.3 to 10.1.0.5 [Release 10.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 21-Aug-2015
Circular reference within the Portal - there is a page portlet which has been placed in the page which is the page portlet itself. This can be achieved by the usage of Portal templates where Portal doesn't make the right validations.
How To Reproduce:
- Create a Page Group
- Create a page xpto and a couple of portlets there.
- Make the page a page portlet - 'Properties' of the page and then 'Optional' tab and 'Publish As Portlet'.
- Try to add the page portlet to itself (which is correct):
==> Error: Cannot add a Page as a portlet to itself. (WWC-57081)
- Create a local Template - localtemp.
- Add the xpto page portlet to the local Template.
- Attach the template newtemp to the xpto page. You'll see now the 'xpto' page portlet in the 'xpto page... and it may work ok.
- Now try to View the xpto page.
==> Error: The listener returned the following Message: 404 Not Found
Within the database alert log:-
(...) Wed Mar 21 19:14:58 2007 Errors in file /opt/oracle/midtier/admin/iasdb/udump/iasdb_ora_13826.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kohdtf048], , , , , , ,  Wed Mar 21 19:27:46 2007 Process 0xc000000020308248 appears to be hung while dumping Current time = 42836772, process death time = 42772095 interval = 60000 Attempting to kill process 0xc000000020308248 with OS pid = 13826 OSD kill succeeded for process c000000020308248 (...)
Also the dump generated is quite big and the database machine may be out of disk space very quickly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms