Excessive I/O Capture activity on idle time
(Doc ID 433867.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 to 10.2.0.3 [Release 9.2 to 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
- On database with Streams Capture process setup, you observe that the I/O activity is high on idle periods. This I/O peaks persists on time and disappear on database activity
- The I/O activity dissappears if the capture processes is stopped.
- The I/O activity is not present on Capture startup or if there is any latency on the Capture process.
- The I/O activity is coming from the CP process itself or the associated Logminer session in the case that CP is running in Parallel.
- This may occur on RAC or single-instance installations
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document