Last updated on JUNE 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.99
This problem can occur on any platform.
1. We have discovered that all users except Oracle (software owner) get the following error when trying to run sqlplus.
ld.so.1: sqlplus: fatal: /u01/oracle/OraHome2/lib32/libsqlplus.so: Permission denied
2. one of our batch processes that uses SQL*Plus had no permissions on the "sqlplus" executable.
3. A quick check in $ORACLE_HOME showed no execute permissions for "other" accounts.
4. We just finished our 10.2.0.x install. The permissions on the underlying directories appear to have the wrong permissions.
5. The "permissions" <<patch 4516865>> exists for 10.2.0.1 but no patch exists for 10.2.0.2 or greater. When I try installing the 10.2.0.1 patch anyhow, it (of course) fails.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms