Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 10.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 21-Sep-2012***
*** Reviewed for Relevance 16-Jul-2015 ***
-- Problem Statement:
On 10.2.0.x in Production:
When attempting to recreate a Data Guard Broker Configuration the following Error occurs when attempting
to edit the Configuration Property LogXptMode in the Primary Site :
Error: ORA-16654: Fast-Start Failover is enabled.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
This Issue can be reproduced at will with the following Steps:
Remove the Data Guard Broker Configuration while Fast Start Failover is enabled.
1. Set up a Fast Start Failover Configuration and ensure FS_FAILOVER_STATUS is SYNCHRONIZED.
2. Place the Standby Database into READ ONLY Mode and shutdown the Standby Listener.
3. Perform a DML load on the Primary until FS_FAILOVER_STATUS becomes UNSYNCHRONIZED
4. Once the UNSYNCHRONISED State can be seen in the Primary site, kill the DMON-Process and remove the DG Broker Configuration Files.
5. DMON will restart but the FS_FAILOVER_STATUS will remain UNSYNCHRONISED.
6. At this Point the Creation of a new Data Guard Broker Configuration fails when attempting to edit the
configuration Property LogXptMode and set it to SYNC.
-- Business Impact:
The Issue has the following Business Impact:
Due to this Issue, the Data Guard Broker Configuration cannot be re-enabled and the Standby Database is
no longer protected by the Data Guard Broker and the Observer. So Fast-Start Failover is not possible at this Stage.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms