10.2.0.3 PMON Crashes on Startup on AIX 5L 5.3 ML05 -- Works on ML06
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3 - Release: 10.2 to 10.2
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
AIX5L Based Systems (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 29-oct-2010 ***
1. As soon as a database is started, PMON starts and immediately aborts; an ORA-7445 , , , , ,  error can be seen in the alert log.
2. There is no call stack in the PMON tracefile except for a memory address. The PMON tracefile contains this message:
Exception signal: 4 0x0 (00000000) 0
3. The tracefile for the PSP0 process contains the following errors:
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:invalid_process failed with status: 0
ORA-27301: OS failure message: Error 0
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: skgpstime3
ORA-27144: attempt to kill process failed
4. This appears to be a separate issue from the Oracle and AIX 5.3 ML05 interoperability issue described in <
Conditions under Which the Error Reproduced:
1. An ASM instance and DBCA were used to create a general-purpose database.
2. When the 10.2.0.3 patchset is applied, and when only the 10.2.0.1 base is installed (base is recent download from OTN)
3. RAC is either installed or uninstalled (no libha AIX fileset was present after RAC was uninstalled).
4. The instance is started with 'startup' or 'startup nomount'.
5. The required AIX 5.3 ML05 patch, APAR IY89080, is installed on the database server.
6. The required Oracle <
7. Interim patches <
8. The Oracle binaries have been relinked after application of ML05 to AIX 5.3.
9. The Oracle pre-install script for AIX was run; all checks were passed.
10. The install was investigated and determined to be successful.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms