Sql Profile Explain Plan Has Changed To The Same Query Since Upgrade Resulting in Poor Plan
Last updated on JUNE 26, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Database upgraded from 188.8.131.52 to 10.2.0.2
- SQL Profile has been generated on the query previously
- Access path of that single query has changed
- Changing the predicate order or adding some characters or modifying the query in any way may revert to the 'good' plan
(however, extra whitespace and letter case are ignored (see https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/how_does_sql_plan_management )
- 'Good' plan is cheaper (cost = 9) than chosen bad plan (Cost = 277K)
Database upgraded from 184.108.40.206 to 10.2.0.2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms