Sql Profile Explain Plan Has Changed To The Same Query Since Upgrade Resulting in Poor Plan
(Doc ID 463134.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2019
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Database upgraded from 22.214.171.124 to 10.2.0.2
- SQL Profile has been generated on the query previously
- Access path of that single query has changed
- Changing the predicate order or adding some characters or modifying the query in any way may revert to the 'good' plan
(however, extra whitespace and letter case are ignored (see https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/how_does_sql_plan_management )
- 'Good' plan is cheaper (cost = 9) than chosen bad plan (Cost = 277K)
Database upgraded from 126.96.36.199 to 10.2.0.2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|