Patch Application or OLAP installation Causes Errors ORA-07445, ORA-03113, ORA-03114
(Doc ID 465902.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2022
Applies to:Oracle OLAP - Version 10.2.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The problem described here may occur under these circumstances:
- Attempt to apply a patch that affects the OLAP option (for instance a Critical Patch Update)
- Attempt to (re-)install the OLAP option on an existing RDBMS instance
- OLAP may be partially installed on a 10g Standard Edition RDBMS
Errors may be generated in several places:
- RDBMS alert.log
- A trace file
- an OPatch log (transcript)
- Output during execution of a SQL script like olap.sql
- Log file in Universal installer
Example of an entry in the alert.log file:
If you receive no rows, then the OLAP components are not installed and this note does not apply to this instance.
- Installation of the OLAP option on an existing RDBMS instance
The steps to use the script are described in: How To Manually Install Oracle OLAP In 9i, 10g Or 11g Database After The DB Has Been Created (Doc ID 296187.1). The issue described here may also occur if you use Universal Installer to add the OLAP option.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document