Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.1 to 11.2]
Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 12-Jan-2016***
Starting with 11g Oracle now provides a Database Gateway for ODBC for 32bit Windows operating systems which can be used to connect to any 3rd party database using a suitable 3rd party ODBC driver.
Please be aware:
- DG4ODBC is first ported to 64bit Windows platforms starting with 11.2. Using a 32bit DG4ODBC on a 64bit Windows operating system is NOT certified.
- HSOLEDB is no longer available for 11g on Windows.
- DG4ODBC 11.2 is the last version available for Windows 32bit and the 32bit version is not available with 12.1 and higher versions
Differences between the older product (Generic Connectivity or sometimes also called HSODBC) and DG4ODBC (Database Gateway for ODBC):
- DG4ODBC is now a stand alone product. It is no longer required to have DG4ODBC running on the same machine and within the same ORACLE_HOME as the Oracle database.
- DG4ODBC requires now a ODBC LEVEL 3 COMPLIANT ODBC driver.
The gateway is certified also for older Oracle releases like 10.2.0.4, 10.2.0.5 and for a small amount of 9.2 and 10.1 databases where the gateway compatibility patch bug <> has been ported to.
You'll find the gateway compatibility patch on "My Oracle Support" by performing a simple search under the 'Patches & Updates' tab at the top of the page. Choose 'Simple Search' and enter 5965763 in the block for the patch number and select the appropriate platform from the Platform or Language list.
If the patch is not available for your platform and/or release you have to update the Oracle database to a newer version.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms