Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle OLAP - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 9.2 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This note applies to both Oracle Database 10g as well as Oracle Database 11g. It describes a scenario that results from migrating from Oracle Database 9i to a higher-numbered version. Whenever it mentions "Oracle 10g" interpret it to say "Oracle 10g or 11g". This is not repeated throughout the note for clarity.
- After migrating an Oracle 9i Database to a Oracle 10g Standard Edition Database, the OLAP option of the migrated 10g environment is no longer operational and needs to be deactivated.
- Any scenario where all of the items below apply:
- an Oracle RDBMS 9i instance had been upgraded to a 10g instance
- the OLAP option was not upgraded properly (still showing 9.x version in the DBA registry)
- OLAP is no longer required in the 10g environment
- OLAP removal scripts are not available in the 10g environment
An Oracle Database version 9i (including OLAP) has been migrated to Oracle Database 10g.
After the migration, many objects are flagged as INVALID in the 10g environment, many of these objects belong to the OLAPSYS schema / owner.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms