Some Trusted Certificates Could Not be Installed - Unable to Import Trusted Certificate into Oracle Wallet
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Security Service - Version: 9.2.0 to 10.2.0.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
You are not able to import your trusted CA(Certificate Authority) certificate in to Oracle Wallet using OWM(Oracle Wallet Manager) or orapki command line utility.
1. While using 9i OWM version 3.0, you get the below error,
"Trusted Certificate Installation failed. Input was not a valid certificate"
2. While using 10g OWM, you get the below error,
"Some trusted certificates could not be installed"
3. However, you are successfully able to import the trusted certificate using 11g OWM.
4. mkwallet fails to display the certificate
D:\temp\>mkwallet -q trustedCA.cer
Oracle Wallet Commandline Tool for 32-bit Windows: Version 184.108.40.206.0 - Production on 22-NOV-2007 13:16:39
Copyright (c) 1999, 2004 Oracle. All rights reserved.
Failed to retrieve certificate
5. orapki displays certificate successfully, however it fails while importing the certificate into wallet.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms