Identify End of Recovery on the Client Machine With a Consistent Notification Through DB_EVENT_REP_STARTUPDONE
(Doc ID 471844.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Berkeley DB - Version 4.6.21 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to exactly determine when the startupdone procedure is fully done on the client machine, and it's databases are ready for read-only access, the DB_EVENT_REP_STARTUPDONE event notification cannot be used because:
- DB_EVENT_REP_STARTUPDONE is fired too early (before recovery actually completes);
- DB_EVENT_REP_STARTUPDONE is not fired after each launch of the replication process on the client machine, but only once upon the initial launch.
The following steps should reproduce the issue:
- Load the master with a lot of data;
- Launch the replication process on the client machine;
- Try to open a database on the client machine;
- BDB sleeps and then returns an error: "Operation locked out. Waiting for replication lockout to complete".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document