8.0 FAQ: Oracle8 Partitions
(Doc ID 47966.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 8.0.6 to 8.1.7]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a Partitioned View?
2. What is a Partitioned Table?
3. What are the advantages of Partitioned Tables?
4. What is a Partitioned Index?
5. What is a Local Prefixed/Non-Prefixed index?
6. What is a Global Index?
7. How to Create a partitioned Table?
8. What are the restrictions for Partitioned tables?
9. How to manipulate partitions?
10. What are the restrictions on partition-extended table names?
11. What is the difference between Table-Level and
Partition-Level Export and Import?
12. How to convert a partitioned table or view into non-partitioned table?
13. How to Partition a non-partitioned table?
14. How to Merge table partitions?
15. How to split a table Partition?
16. Can you update a partition key column(s) if the update causes rows to be
moved from one partition to another?
17. Are there restrictions on importing into partitions or with NLS
18. What are the effects of exchange on local and global indexes?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!