Inconsistent Data After Export Done with Consistent=y and Direct=y
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2009
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 184.108.40.206
This problem can occur on any platform.
If an export dump is created using DIRECT=Y and CONSISTENT=Y at the same time, after the import the data may appear inconsistent.
To reproduce the issue in a simplified way the following can be done:
- create a test schema that contains a table
- a sequence and a procedure that updates the table in a loop with values from the sequence
- run the procedure to update the content of the table
- export the schema with CONSISTENT=Y, once with DIRECT=Y and another time with DIRECT=N
- create two more test users and import the two dumps into them
- for the export dump created with DIRECT=Y the data will be inconsistent
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms