Adding Disks Back to a Failgroup Fails With Errors ORA-15032 and ORA-15074
(Doc ID 604016.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Diskgroup created with normal redundancy
- Each failgroup has more than 10 disks. Problem is not present if number of disk is under 10.
- Restoring diskgroup redundancy by adding back the disks to the failgroup fails with errors ORA-15032 and ORA-15074
ORA-15032 : not all alterations performed
ORA-15074 : diskgroup DATA requires rebalance completion
- Additional message reported in the alert log file for the ASM instance where the operation was executed:
WARNING: Too many uncompleted reconfigurations. Rebalance needs completion
- There is an incorrect number of partners for the disks in the diskgroup, particularly disks with more than ten partners. Use the following SQL to validate the partnership table:
select grp "Group#",disk "Disk#",NUMBER_KFDPARTNER "Partner Disk#",PARITY_KFDPARTNER,ACTIVE_KFDPARTNER
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!