Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2008
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4
Oracle Database Vault - Version: 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4
This problem can occur on any platform.
The Database Vault Installer does not find any instance running in the Oracle Home, it
is not listing the databases installed in the Oracle Home where the DV option has to be installed.
The following requirements are met:
- The Oracle Home where DV is to be installed does not contain any ASM instance.
- EM Dbconsole is configured correctly and can be used without problems.
- The tnsnames.ora file is located in the default folder $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
- Oracle Label Security (OLS) is installed and enabled.
- The Oracle Home does not contain Oracle Database Vault yet
- In case of RAC you made sure that srvctl is working fine in both homes. Executed "$OH/bin/srvctl config" and "$OH/bin/srvctl config database -d <sid>". Also verified that srvctl commands run fine as current install user, not root or anyone else.
- Also verified that all the nodes are listed in file oraInventory/ContentsXML/inventory.xml for this Oracle Home.
- The service is registered in the registry on Windows, or for Unix the SID is listed in the oratab file:
On Windows the service associated with the instance is registered in the following registry key :
On Unix the oratab file is usually located in /etc/ or /var/opt/oracle , to find it use :
grep ORATAB= $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbhome
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms