Cannot Install Database Vault in a Single Instance Database in a RAC home.
(Doc ID 604773.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database Vault - Version 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.2]
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Database Vault - Version: 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4
This problem can occur on any platform.
The Database Vault Installer does not find any instance running in the Oracle Home, it
is not listing the databases installed in the Oracle Home where the DV option has to be installed.
The following requirements are met:
- The Oracle Home where DV is to be installed does not contain any ASM instance.
- EM Dbconsole is configured correctly and can be used without problems.
- The tnsnames.ora file is located in the default folder $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
- Oracle Label Security (OLS) is installed and enabled.
- The Oracle Home does not contain Oracle Database Vault yet
- In case of RAC you made sure that srvctl is working fine in both homes. Executed "$OH/bin/srvctl config" and "$OH/bin/srvctl config database -d <sid>". Also verified that srvctl commands run fine as current install user, not root or anyone else.
- Also verified that all the nodes are listed in file oraInventory/ContentsXML/inventory.xml for this Oracle Home.
- The service is registered in the registry on Windows, or for Unix the SID is listed in the oratab file:
On Windows the service associated with the instance is registered in the following registry key :
On Unix the oratab file is usually located in /etc/ or /var/opt/oracle , to find it use :
grep ORATAB= $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbhome
You created a single instance database from an ORACLE_HOME that also supports a RAC database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document