Avoiding ORA-01114 When Altering Target Tablespace READ WRITE with Transportable Tablespaces
(Doc ID 69373.1)
Last updated on MARCH 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 8.0.3 to 11.2]
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
permissions are not set correctly, then it is possible to encounter ORA-1114,
ORA-1110, ORA-27091 when attempting to set the tablespace to READ WRITE.
For example, the source site has Unix user "oracle" belonging to the "dba" group.
Target site has Unix users "oracle" and "oracle2" as members of the
"dba" group. However, "oracle2" owns the ORACLE_HOME and the oracle
You have done the following steps:
- Logged on to Unix as an user belonging to the dba group (say oracle).
- Created a tablespace TEST.
- Alter tablespace TEST read only.
- Exported the metadata pertaining to the tablespace.
- Physically copied the datafile across to the target location using ftp as user "oracle".
- Imported the metadata into the target location.
get errors similar to the following :
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!