ORA-600  Or ORA-600  Followed By An Instance Crash
(Doc ID 730726.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.3 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Backup Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 14-Dec-2011 ***
- Alert log shows ORA-600 [17xxx] and heap corruption errors similar to the following:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , [0xC000000237BF43C8], , , , , , 
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , [0x000000000], , ,
Please note that the errors can also occur due to other reasons.
- Call stack trace is similar to:
- or -
- Parameter CURSOR_SHARING is set to SIMILAR or FORCE
And if running on a release which has the fix for <Bug:5055175>, then it increases the odds of it being this issue.
- If the heap corruption trace files show kksl*** functions in the call stack, that also would be an indication.
- This problem (due to it's nature) will likely require SQL statements having very large number of bind variables. Such statements may not be visible in trace files but if the application does have such statements, then that is another reason to suspect this.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document