Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.3 to 22.214.171.124 - Release: 10.2 to 11.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 14-Dec-2011 ***
- Alert log shows ORA-600 [17xxx] and heap corruption errors similar to the following:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , [0xC000000237BF43C8], , , , , , 
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , [0x000000000], , ,
Please note that the errors can also occur due to other reasons.
- Call stack trace is similar to:
- or -
- Parameter CURSOR_SHARING is set to SIMILAR or FORCE
And if running on a release which has the fix for <Bug:5055175>, then it increases the odds of it being this issue.
- If the heap corruption trace files show kksl*** functions in the call stack, that also would be an indication.
- This problem (due to it's nature) will likely require SQL statements having very large number of bind variables. Such statements may not be visible in trace files but if the application does have such statements, then that is another reason to suspect this.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms