RAC Database not showing In DBCA 'List of cluster databases'
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.1 to 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
- 10g RAC cluster
- 10g RAC database converted from single instance database
- CRS database & instance resources were created using 'srvctl'
srvctl add database -d <dbname> -o <oracle_home> -p <spfile>
srvctl add instance -d <dbname> -i <instname> -n <nodename>
- database instances are up and running, are visible in 'crs_stat' and can be managed via srvctl
- however, when trying to manage the database via the Database Configuration Assistant (dbca), the RAC database does not show up in the 'List of cluster databases' screen e.g. for the 'Instance management' or 'Services management' operations
- other databases using the same ORACLE_HOME do show up in dbca
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms