RAC Database not showing In DBCA 'List of cluster databases'
(Doc ID 733592.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.1 to 10.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
- 10g RAC cluster
- 10g RAC database converted from single instance database
- CRS database & instance resources were created using 'srvctl'
srvctl add database -d <dbname> -o <oracle_home> -p <spfile>
srvctl add instance -d <dbname> -i <instname> -n <nodename>
- database instances are up and running, are visible in 'crs_stat' and can be managed via srvctl
- however, when trying to manage the database via the Database Configuration Assistant (dbca), the RAC database does not show up in the 'List of cluster databases' screen e.g. for the 'Instance management' or 'Services management' operations
- other databases using the same ORACLE_HOME do show up in dbca
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document