NLS_DATE_FORMAT for sesssion lost causing ORA-01843 not a valid month
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 10-Oct-2016***
This problem can occur on any platform.
The following errors during normal running of the application
- After the first occurrence of the error it reoccurs with each query
- After the first appearance of the ORA-01843 error it's observed that the date format in the Oracle session of the application changes
- The only workaround once the problem occurs is restarting the application server process (which
is most unpleasant in a CRM
- The application typically works for several hours before the first occurrence of the error
- The problem occurs in a weblogic application
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms