OUI-35000 Fatal Cluster Error Encountered
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4 - Release: 10.2 to 10.2
The problem can manifest in two ways on 10gR2
1. Installing CRS / RAC via Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
2. Running 10gR2 Cluster Verification Utility (cluvfy).
Using the Universal Installer (OUI ) :
INFO: Setting the 'RemoteNodes ( REMOTE_NODES )' property to 'node2,node3. Received the value from the UI page.
INFO: Performing tests to see whether nodes node2,node3 are
INFO: Validating nodes node2,node3...
INFO: Checking if nodes are alive...
SEVERE: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered (). Correct the problem and
try the operation again.
Using cluvfy :
./runcluvfy.sh stage -pre crsinst -n node1,node2,node3
Performing pre-checks for cluster services setup
Checking node reachability...
Node reachability check failed from node "null".
Check failed on nodes:
Unable to reach any of the nodes.
Verification cannot proceed.
- SSH/user equivalance has been set up and tested correctly.
- /etc/hosts has been configured correctly.
- 11g cluvfy runs successfully and 11g crs installation is successful. The problem is isolated to 10gR2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms