DataPump Import (IMPDP) Hangs When Using Parameters TRANSPORT_DATAFILES and REMAP_DATAFILE
(Doc ID 762160.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.0.2 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 10.1 to 11.1]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Impdp hangs and DataPump Worker process (DWxx) consumes 100% of CPU.
- Impdp log doesn't show any errors.
- When running impdp with trace option TRACE=480300 the trace file confirms ORA-39119
- V$SESSION confirms event "wait for unread message on broadcast channel".
- A tablespace is moved to a different database. During import the REMAP_DATAFILE is used. Intention for using this parameter is to change the source datafile (here: test1.dbf) to a different name (test2.dbf) on source database during import.
While running impdp by using a combination TRANSPORT_DATAFILES and REMAP_DATAFILE the DataPump import hangs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document