Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle ODBC Driver - Version: 10.2.0.4.11 to 10.2.0.4.13
Updating data using the GUI of Microsoft Query 2003 and the Oracle ODBC driver fails with Access Violation
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create the following table and insert one row:
create table foo (c1 varchar2(50));
insert into foo values ('foobar');
2. Launch MS Query.
3. Choose File->New and choose the data source for the connection the oracle database where you created the foo test table.
4. Choose the foo table from the list of objects. Make sure you enable the option to allow
editing of records
5. Bring the data from the foo table into the data view window.
6. Edit the value foobar to foobar2 and click focus out of the edited row.
This results in an unhandled exception
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms