Ocilobread() Returns "Ora-03145: I/O Streaming Direction Error"
(Doc ID 788067.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2010
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 188.8.131.52
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Server Enterprise Edition - Version: 184.108.40.206
Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
Oracle Client 18.104.22.168
You are developing an application that communicates with the Oracle database using OCI.
Everything worked fine until you migrated your application from ANSI to Unicode, and replaced
all text data in Oracle with Unicode versions; for example, you replaced CLOB by NCLOB.
Now you are experiencing the following error:
the OCI call OCILobRead() sometimes returns the
error message "ORA-03145: I/O streaming direction error".
The circumstances under which this error occurs:
- An UPDATE statement that sets a NCLOB column to NULL must precede the SELECT statement.
- The parameter value_sz of the OCIBindByName() must be larger than 4001.
The error does not occur if any of the following is true:
- The UPDATE statement is missing.
- The data type of the column affected by the UPDATE statement is CLOB instead of NCLOB.
- The value_sz parameter is less than or equal to 4001.
Generates error even with 10.2.0.4 Client pointing to 22.214.171.124 Database.
The application works fine with
10.2.0.4 Client pointing to 10.2.0.4 Database
126.96.36.199 Client pointing to 10.2.0.4 Database
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!